Harris-Landess Ferry & Bridge

Philip and Sarah Harris arrived in Oregon via the Meek Cutoff and settled in Farmington in 1845.  Upon arriving they founded a church.  It is noted that the church performed baptisms in the Tualatin River.  Philip Harris began a ferry service, which became known as the Harris-Landess Ferry, and later built a bridge at the same location. He also served as the Farmington postmaster.  The current bridge at the location, named the Philip Harris Bridge, was built in 2006.

River Mile: 33.3

Harris-Landess Ferry Likeness (1850s)

Credit: Oregon Historical Society

Old Harris Bridge Pylon

Philip Harris Bridge